The day of the party has come! Aren’t you excited? This is the time for completing the last minute touches that add your personal style and elegance to the evening. From beginning to end, your guests will feel relaxed and content.
Music Sets the Mood
From the time guests enter the party, you want the music to blend in, not overpower. Aim to only enhance the evening with your music choices. At The Gray Boxwood, we draw musical inspiration from different venues: Nancy Meyer movies, vintage songs from a bygone era, and modern new artists. Well, do not fret about the music! We have compiled a perfect dinner party playlist for you to enjoy. Personally, we use these songs at all of our gatherings and hope you can enjoy them as much as we do! Download them to your iPod or computer and let the songs speak for themselves.
(See below for playlist and Spotify or iTunes links.)
The Little Touches
We really do think the little touches are what set you as a host apart. We strive to think of things we can do that create a memorable evening. Stashed away in a (somewhat) forgotten place, we knew there would be a good use for this piece of old slate someday. Find something similar in your attic, basement, or antique store and write the menu out to welcome guests and get them excited about the evening.
As mentioned Wednesday, we would usually festoon the table with décor, but this evening we let the food be the center of attention.
Have drinks in glasses on a tray and ready to go as guests arrive. Make sure to have the food prepared and awaiting so you aren’t spending time in the kitchen. In this way, you can truly be the gracious host your guests expect. Light the candles and enjoy the evening as the sun goes down. Having only the soft glow of your candles and the night sky brighten the table will make the evening magical.
Eat. Drink. Be Merry.
In this busy world in which we live, it is important to create reasons to celebrate and draw friends together. Don’t let the small moments pass you by! Create that special event and throw a simple, yet unforgettable, evening to remember until next summer!
- Assedic – Les Escrocs
- Fly Me to the Moon (In Other Words) – Julie London
- Cry Me a River – Diana Krall
- C’est si bon – Eartha Kitt
- I Won’t Dance – Jane Monheit with Michael Buble
- When I Fall in Love – Julie London
- Brazil – Django Reinhardt
- Let’s Dream in the Moonlight – Billie Holiday
- Let’s Fall in Love – Diana Krall
- L’hymme a l’amour – Dee Dee Bridgewater
- Light My Fire – Julie London
- You Don’t Know Me – Diana Krall & Ray Charles
- Taking a Chance on Love – Jane Monheit
- Comme S’il en Pleuvait – Mayra Andrade
- Easy to Love – Billie Holiday
- Que Reste-t-il – Dee Dee Bridgewater
- You Move Me – Cassandra Wilson
- So Tinha de Ser Com Voce – Jane Monheit